Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Holiday Recharge


When my diet needs a little balance and grounding, especially after holiday lunches, dinners, and all the parties in between, I love a good smoothie to get my diet back on track...a RECHARGE!

On the days I want to recharge my diet, I usually start the day with hot water, lemon, and cayenne to start cleansing from the inside out. I cut out coffee and switch to green tea with lemon throughout the day. In the middle of the day, I whip up a yummy nutrient filled smoothie with greens, fruit, hemp or green proteins, coconut oil, and a few extras like the smoothie below.

My digestive system gets movin', my energy level stays steady all day, and I feel all around lighter. 

You're sippin' till supper!

This blueberry smoothie has been on regular rotation for me lately, and it tastes almost like a blueberry cheesecake...or almond butter & jelly sandwich! 

Ingredients:

Spinach, handful
Frozen blueberries, 1 cup
Almond milk, 1 cup
Coconut oil, 1 Tbsp
Mejdool dates, without pit, 2
Hemp protein or green superfood powder
Slivered almonds, small handful
Cinnamon, 4 dashes
Coconut flakes, unsweetened, optional

Add all ingredients to blender, and add water if consistency is too thick.

2 comments:

  1. This is a delicious recipe! However, I did not use coconut oil in my smoothie. Have you tried green (kale) smoothie? I definitely recommend it :-)
    ~Irina
    http://happybodyandmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irina,

      Thanks for the comment! I try to switch between kale and spinach, and love both in my smoothies. You should try adding coconut oil to yours, makes you feel full much longer!

      xoxo,
      Danielle

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...