Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Just Breathe


 As I was trying to manage through the hustle and bustle of holiday traffic last night, I received a good helping of road rage from someone out of nowhere. 

It shook me up a little...as my tiny little Mini Cooper was no match to the giant truck that wouldn't let me live down the accidental last-minute merge I attempted. It really made me think...what makes people so worked up during the holidays, or any time of year, that they feel it's necessary to threaten harm on another?? ...Especially over something so small...

The reason I bring up my road rage incident is because it was so small, in comparison to the extremely tragic events in Connecticut this past week...yet people still allow themselves to get so stressed and worked up, they take it out on everyone around them...especially this time of year when emotions are magnified. 

While we can't control the emotions and actions of others, we can control OURSELVES. When the stress is rising through holiday functions, family gatherings, and all of the buzz of the holiday season...take a second to... 

BREATHE...

 and be grateful for the life you have...
just a little reminder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...