Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Day of LOVE.

Photo Via

Ohhh Valentine's Day!

I have to admit...I have mixed feelings about Valentine's Day. I think it's a wonderful day to celebrate our relationships and those we care about most, but sometimes I think the flowers, card, and candy cliche that is expected ruins the whole idea of the day. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE getting fresh flowers and gifts, but it means so much more when it's just because, and not because Hallmark created it.

To me, a perfect Valentine's Day involves a shared meal {without the fixed menu}, quality time spent remembering why you love the one {or ones} that you love, and maybe a nice little love note!

Whether you have a Valentine or not, you can try one of these LOVEly LOVE day activities:


1. Wake up early, and make coffee or breakfast for your love {loved ones}.

2. Leave a surprise note for your love {loved ones} letting them know how much they mean to you.

3. Take a yoga class together, enjoy a walk at the beach, or spot eachother in a CrossFit class.

4. Draw a bath for your loved one after they come home from a long day. Add lavender essential oil to make it extra indulgent.

5. Cook a favorite dinner instead of fighting the crowds at local restaurants. My Valentine and I will be cooking up some homemade pizzas at home, my idea of a perfect night!

6. Treat your love {loved ones} like it's Valentine's Day everyday. Affection, kind words and gestures go a long way in keeping your relationships strong and fulfilling!

Enjoy your day of LOVE tomorrow!

...And Happy Valentine's Day to my LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...