Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Hemp + Chia SUPERFUEL Bowl


When I find a new recipe that I like, and it's easy to prepare, I find myself becoming a bit obsessed...Especially when it's uber healthy, gives you superwoman energy, and keeps you full half the day. 


And one of the many things I love about my two health-conscious sisters is that they appreciate and enjoy nourishing, healthy food....AND we get to steal recipes from each other. So thank you to my sister for my new breakfast obsession! You can modify this recipe however you prefer, but the combo below has been the ULTIMATE!  


Ingredients:


Coconut or Almond milk, 1 Cup
Stevia, 3 Drops
Slivered Almonds, Handful
Organic figs
Banana
Agave, Drizzle

Place the hemp seeds, chia seeds, stevia, and milk into a container or small bowl. Stir, cover, and allow to sit overnight to thicken. In the morning, stir the mixture to get an even consistency. Add cacao, green powder, cinnamon, nuts, fruit, or whatever toppings you prefer. That's it...EASY! If you're really craving it in the morning and you forgot to make it overnight, you can allow it to thicken for an hour or so to get the same results.

I prefer to make 2-3 batches at one time so I can grab and go for the next few days. I have been super spoiled lately and have been using homemade almond milk from my sister, which elevates this bowl even more. She's going to teach me her tricks so I can start making my own...so stay tuned!

**Hover over the ingredients above to find links to some of the specific products that I use.

2 comments:

  1. Can this sit out on the counter or does it need to thicken in the fridge? Recommendation as to where to buy hemp seeds etc..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine! If you're going to eat it 20 minutes later and you're making it in the morning, it won't hurt to leave it out. If you're allowing it to thicken overnight, I would definitely keep it in the refrigerator as you don't want the milk that you use to spoil. When I first bought the hemp seeds, I purchased them from the bulk section at Whole Foods, but now that I'm hooked, I bought them online, organic, and for a much more affordable price on Raw Food World. If you hover over hemp seeds in the recipe, it will bring you right to the seeds that I purchased.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...